1. We are committed to protecting the privacy, confidentiality and security of all personal information we collect from any visitor to this website (“Visitor”) that we collect, hold and use by complying with the requirements of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (the “Ordinance”). We are equally committed to ensuring all our employees and agents uphold the principle of compliance with such obligations.
2. To achieve that, as a matter of policy and practice we strive to:
a) respect and protect privacy of personal data from Visitors in compliance with the Laws of Hong Kong in general and the Ordinance in particular;
b) collect only necessary personal data from Visitors for purposes in relation to the SML group’s business activities;
c) store, retain and handle all such personal data so collected securely in our system and with the professional assistance of a third party IT service provider if needed;
d) take all reasonably practicable steps to ensure that Visitors can ascertain our policies and practices in relation to personal data;
e) restrict access of personal data to the Company’s relevant employees and agents on a “need-to-know” basis to ensure that all such personal data so collected are protected against unauthorized or accidental access, monitoring, editing, or disclosure to third parties;
f) refrain from disclosing any Visitor’s personal data held by us to any third party unless we obtain the Visitor’s prior express voluntary consent;
g) refrain from using any Visitor’s personal data held by us for direct marketing or any other unrelated purpose unless we obtain the Visitor’s prior express voluntary consent;
h) allow Visitors to reach our Personal Data Protection Officer for making data access or correction requests in relation to their own personal data (ie (1) checking whether we hold their personal data, (2) getting a copy of such data so held, and (3) making correction of such data so held), or making enquiries regarding our privacy policies and practices; and
i) ensure that Visitors are informed of the kind of personal data held by us and the main purposes for which such data so held are or are to be used.
II) Personal Information Collection Statement
1. The Visitor’s personal data voluntarily submitted through our website are collected by us for lawful purposes in relation to the SML group’s business activities.
2. The Visitor may voluntarily submit through our website his/her personal data, and we may get back to him/her with further information about the business of the SML group upon our receipt of such personal data.
3. We will retain the Visitor’s personal data so collected permanently until subsequent receipt of his/her e-mail to our Personal Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org making an opt-out request.
4. Upon our receipt of an opt-out request, we will delete permanently the personal data held for the request-making Visitor, and stop issuing to him/her our messages on SML group’s business.
5. The information about Visitors collected by means of cookies planted into the internet search engine via this website will be used only for compiling aggregate statistics on how Visitors browse this website. Such statistics are collected for the purpose of managing and improving the design of this website.
6. While most web-browsers are initially set up to accept cookies, Visitors may choose not to accept cookies by changing the settings.
1. All information we provide on this website is for reference only. Neither warranty nor guarantee is given by us about the accuracy, updatedness or completeness of information.
2. We shall not be liable or responsible for any loss or damage caused by any reason whatsoever in relation to the contents of this website. We hereby reserve all rights to edit and delete all information on this website at any time without giving any reason. Visitors are advised to make their own evaluation of all information on this website before acting on it.
IV) Reservation of Rights
1. Save that such rights are third party rights (eg copyright photograph or registered trademark of a third party) if they are so indicated, all rights in the contents of this website including but not limited to articles, images, photographs and videos provided by us on this website are hereby reserved.
2. Visitors shall not copy, reproduce, edit, delete, distribute or disseminate any contents of this website unless authorized to do so by us.
©2015 SML Brand Identification Solutions Limited